19 March 2025, 4:20 AM
Police are appealing for public assistance following multiple alledged break and enters and an assault in Bourke last month.
Officers were called at about 4.50am Saturday 22 February to a motel on Anson Street following reports of a break and enter.
Police were told a group of around four unknown people armed with knives forced entry into staff accommodation and threatened the occupant – a 24-year-old man – before stealing cash, bank cards and mobile phones.
"The group then allegedly broke into a second motel room, and threatened the occupant – a 52-year-old man – with long knives, before fleeing with cash, bank cards and a mobile phone," a police spokesperson said.
"The older man suffered a minor cut to his neck, with no other injuries reported."
The group then allegedly crashed through a locked gate in a white Holden SUV before driving off.
IMAGE: NSW Force
A crime scene was established and police located the SUV at about 11am on Lewana Place, Orange.
The vehicle – which had front end damage to the windscreen and hood – was seized for forensic examination.
Police believe this incident is linked with another alleged break and enter that reportedly occurred at a caravan park on Becker Street Bourke earlier on the same day.
In that incident, officers were called to the park at about 3:40am following reports a caravan had been broken into.
"Police arrived and were told two unknown men gained entry to an Isuzu ute and attempted to force entry into a caravan," a police spokesperson said.
"One of the caravan’s occupants – a 62-year-old man – attempted to hold the caravan door shut to keep the men out, however during the incident one of his fingers was cut with a knife. The man was transported to Bourke Hospital for treatment.
"A 61-year-old woman also in the caravan at the time was uninjured."
A crime scene was established and inquiries into both incidents are ongoing.
Police are hoping to speak to two men who may be able to assist officers with their inquiries.
The men are described as being of Indigenous appearance and of thin build.
One of the men last seen wearing a black hoodie and white shorts, and the other man last seen wearing a black hoodie and black pants.
Police are urging anyone with dashcam footage, CCTV or information about this incident to contact Central North Police District or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.